These things are basically magic.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Essence’s Lash Princess mascara to make you look super attentive (and glamorous) during those back-to-back Zoom meetings — even if you’re actually bored out of your mind.
Promising review: “Hello, that is my face above, because I bought into the hype of over 110,000 5-star reviews and now I will never look back!! Putting it on is like giving my eyelashes butterfly wings. It doesn’t get clumpy, it stays put ALL the live long day (I spent all of last year’s ridiculously hot pandemic summer wearing it, so I can speak to that), and you can apply it on very lightly if you don’t want it to look so dramatic, or continue applying for longer lashes each time.” —Emma Lord
Promising review: “I am a 30-year-old who has been wearing mascara since I was probably 15 or 16 and this is by far the best mascara ever. This beats Dior’s almost-$40 mascara. A few times I made make up purchases based off of what reviewers and make up influencers hyped up and was disappointed, this surely wasn’t a disappointment.” —Mary
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
2. A box of fine line-reducing face masks that’ll tighten your pores and lift your skin. Be prepared to be a little freaked out at first when you see yourself in the mirror and realize you look like an extra from The Walking Dead with this mask on. But once you take it off, it’ll all be worth it.
Promising review: “Smells great! This face mask does exactly what it says. My skin is nice and lifted, hydrated, noticeable reduction in fine lines, improved texture, reduced my pore size, and eliminated some newly developed rough patches forming around the hairline. Couldn’t be more satisfied with this product! I have pretty good skin for 37, but this mask has really helped take my skin to the next level” —Samantha
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $30.99.
3. Or this brightening face mask made with 100% pure, edible, vitamin C-packed fruits like lucuma, papaya, and sea buckthorn perry. It’s basically an exfoliating fruit platter stuffed into a tiny little jar — “serving face” just took on a whole new meaning (you can use that joke during your next meeting, free of charge).
Promising review: “You get so much product with only a few drops of powder and water. I really need to get a mask brush! Love this!!!” —Taylor L.
Get it from Golde for $34.
4. An anti-dandruff shampoo to save you from having to shell out a co-pay at a dermatologist’s office. Whether you have a relatively mild case of dandruff or your scalp and shoulders resemble the Swiss Alps during ski season, this thing will become a staple of your shower routine.
Promising review: “MIRACLE PRODUCT! If you have a flaky scalp from dandruff, BUY THIS. I was about to go to the dermatologist if this stuff didn’t work. Thank goodness I saved myself hundreds of dollars by giving this product a shot. I used it four or five times (over a month) and it cleared my scalp almost completely. One more use and my scalp will be 120% healed! This stuff blew my mind. Totally worth it.” —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
5. Or a bottle of sulfate-free Biotin shampoo infused with tea tree, jojoba, and argan oils to help treat hair loss. This is a potential option for folks whose hair is thinning a bit sooner than expected, or people simply looking to go a few extra rounds with Father Time.
Promising review: “I love this shampoo! I had gastric sleeve surgery and my hair was very, very thin. I started taking biotin and switched to biotin shampoo as recommended by my doctor. It doesn’t make your hair grow by washing it but it makes your hair and roots stronger. And it worked. After using the whole bottle, my hair was stronger. I had a lot of new growth that was sticking around (the previous new growth fell out early on) and my hair was getting thicker. Eight months later, my hair is back to normal. It’s longer and thicker than ever. I still use it twice a week and love it! I’m not crazy about the way it smells but others love it when they smell my hair.” —Diane J. Huff
Get it from Amazon for $9.85.
6. A deeply nourishing hair mask with aloe vera and castor oil that’ll add softness without weighing down your natural texture. This is also a game-changer for people who generally have trouble managing frizzy hair.
Promising review: “I’m a natural hair girl! I often struggle with finding a product that helps me manage and keep my hair safe for the next styling. Although I wear protective styles, the in-between time really counts, so this mask is a lifesaver. I love to see the hydration of my natural curls and I feel this product gives them the love they truly deserve! This product has helped me redefine my hair experience. Love it!” —Ashley Jennings
Girl + Hair is a Black-owned, woman-owned small business.
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
7. Or a bestselling argan oil hair mask that works in just seven minutes. A product that’ll give your hair a glossy shine in less time than it takes to boil an egg may seem too good to be true, but if you don’t believe us, at least believe the 20,000+ 5-star ratings it’s gotten on Amazon!
Promising review: “My hair is very thin and curly. The ends are damaged from heat and color, causing my hair to look even more unruly. I do oil treatments once a week and only wash my hair two to three times a week but NOTHING has made my hair feel like this product does. There is an immediate difference as soon as this product touches my hair. It leaves my hair feeling so silky, even after I rinse it out and dry my hair.” —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
8. A tub of rejuvenating eye cream to firm up those bags under your eyes that you got from reading BuzzFeed shopping posts all night when you should have been getting your beauty sleep. That wasn’t a wise choice, but who are we to judge?
Promising review: “Exactly as advertised. Great price, super creamy, and moisturizing. Will definitely purchase again.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
9. Or a pack of cooling, hydrating eye gels with hyaluronic acid and collagen for those days you wake up and get straight to work. All you need is a solid15 minutes to wear and remove these patches before your morning meeting, and you’ll instantly bring those tired eyes back to life (although some reviewers wear them for 30 minutes).
Promising review: “First of all, amazing deal for the price! Secondly, they work amazingly!! I have issues with tired eyes and I used the patches for about 30 minutes after I washed my face, while I was in the shower, then took them off when I did my makeup and my under-eye was so moisturized and rejuvenated!” —Tiara Baker
Get a pack of 20 pairs from Amazon for $14.27.
10. A wildly popular Wet brush that’s absolutely earned its cult following. If you’re looking for something that’ll detangle your stubborn (yet somehow very tender) head of hair without feeling like someone is trying to yank gorilla glue off your scalp, this brush is for you.
Promising review: “I am that girl who wakes up in the morning with a HUGE knot in the back of my head! I DREAD getting out of the shower, with a wide tooth comb and painfully brushing out my hair. It takes about 15–20 minutes! With this new brush, at first I couldn’t believe it was actually brushing my hair (no pain) by the end of a few minutes, ALL of my knots were gone and my hair felt silky and smooth! WOW! Thank you Wetbrush!” —Chrissy
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in 33 colors and patterns).
11. A Schick Silk Touch-Up Tool you can use to remove peach fuzz and shape your eyebrows. It also works to exfoliate dead skin, and people with beards can even use it to trim the hair near their edges with as much precision as possible.
Promising review: “These are great for trimming eyebrows or even facial hair. They are sharp but not too sharp. They work in pesky areas that are hard to reach too (think chin, lip and more). I keep one in my car too! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!” —baby momma knows
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $4.99.
12. A hair-finishing stick to tame those rambunctious flyaways at the nape of your neck when you put your hair up. There’s no reason a messy bun has to be *so* messy.
Promising review: “I don’t usually write reviews but this product blew my expectations away! I’ve always suffered from messy ponytails (thank you baby hairs) but not anymore. I’m able to wear my hair in a pony to work without it looking messy and unprofessional.” —Shannon Hurley
Get it from Amazon for $7.98.
13. A bottle of CND Essentials nail and cuticle Solaroil so that broken and peeling nails will be a thing of the past.
Each day, work the oil into your nails and cuticles and they will begin to grow and strengthen so you don’t have to worry about weak nails anymore!
Promising review: “I had peeling, weak nails for years. Tried everything. I bought this in February. This size bottle lasted a bit more than a month religiously applying it two to three times a day. I was really seeing great improvement so I bought another bottle in late March. By May, all the peeling had grown out and my nails were getting stronger every day. I then bought the big 4-oz refill bottle because I never want to run out of it again! Cannot recommend this stuff enough!” —Diana
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
14. A cruelty-free vitamin C serum that’ll brighten and soften your skin while drastically reducing hyperpigmentation. The 44,000+ people who gave this serum a 5-star review love it so much there should be a fan club for it.
Promising review: “I never thought that I would find a serum that didn’t just irritate my skin. I’ve spent WAY more money on fancy serums just to have them purge my skin and leave me red and angry-skinned. This stuff is amazing. It isn’t sticky or heavy. I used it every day, and it’s still lasting me forever. I’m in love. I’d give it 10 stars if I could.” —Makayla Fryman
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
15. A variety pack of 40 acne patches made with tea tree and calendula oil that’ll basically redefine the way you think of “beauty sleep.” Place this on before bed to draw all that pus and oil out of your pimples, and inflammation will go down by morning.
Promising review: “The amount of gunk this took out of my pores AFTER washing and exfoliating my face is literally crazy! I have very oily skin and acne (cystic and ‘normal’ acne). Also works great on popped pimples. Sucks all the crap out!”—Amanda
Get the round ones from Amazon for $8.49 or the large patches for $8.49.
16. A leave-in conditioning spray with coconut and argan oil that’ll transform that matted, tangled bird’s nest on the top of your head into something straight out of a Disney princess movie.
Promising review: “I got this in my Ipsy glam bag a few years ago and was mad when I ran out. I randomly saw this the other day and remembered how much I had loved it previously. This product is amazing!! My hair feels like pure silk! It’s sooo soft and smooth after using this. I’ve used so many other products, expensive ones, and nothing works as well as this! I highly recommend this!” —Melissa C
Briogeo is a Black-owned, woman-owned business specializing in hair care.
Get it from Amazon for $24.
17. A bottle of Verb Ghost Oil if you’re looking for a solution to your frizz and flyaways that’s lighter than a mask and can be used daily. It works on all hair types, but is particularly helpful for people with coarse, thick hair.
Promising review: “I got turned onto this stuff after some colleagues put it in stories and after trying just about every hair oil out there, I can assure that this is the good stuff. It’s great for finishing off your look after heat styling (like with a curling iron or straightener) or helping your hair calm down post-blow-drying.”—Elizabeth Lily
Get it from Amazon for $18.
18. A jar of O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Lotion for anyone whose newfound commitment to the gym has also come with an unexpected commitment to calluses and cracked skin. This is also a lifesaver for people who’ve been washing their hands more than ever since the pandemic started (no judgment — props on the improvement!) and are experiencing more dryness than usual.
They also make a version for your feet!
Promising review: “I am amazed! I have dealt with eczema all my life. I’ve used steroid creams/ointments, lotions, wash, you name it. And then I tried this miracle product! In four days, my hands looks better then it ever has! I can bend my finger without pain! I’m sooo happy with the results. And I have only been using it for four days!” —Kelly
Get the hand cream from Amazon for $6.98, and the foot cream for $6.41.
19. A downright magical foot peel to help you shed all the dead skin that’s been keeping you out of flip-flops for years.
Promising review: “I can’t believe I’m posting a picture of my foot to Amazon, but there’s a first time for everything I guess. Being a New Yorker, I’m used to walking A LOT, and as a result, my feet were dry, callused, and just plain disgusting. I wouldn’t even touch my feet and was embarrassed to wear sandals. I didn’t want to pay for a pedicure, so I tried this, and I’m so glad I did. I couldn’t believe all the skin that peeled off my feet. I felt like a shedding snake. As crazy as it sounds, my new beautiful feet have given me a boost of self-confidence. I can’t wait to wear sandals again.”—AmazonCustomer
Get it from Amazon for $27.95.
20. A satin-lined beanie that’ll keep your head warm *and* hair soft and safe from friction, because you shouldn’t have to sacrifice one for the other.
Grace Eleyae is a Black woman-founded brand that also sells turbans, silk pillowcases, scrunchies and other hair-friendly headwear.
Get it from Grace Eleyae for $24 (available in two sizes and in 11 colors).
21. A conditioning castor oil packed with vitamins and fatty acids that’ll heal and strengthen your hair over time. It can also help soothe your scalp if it’s extra dry. Reviewers say you’ll start seeing improvements within a few weeks!
Promising review: “I am so happy I bought this product! I took steroid pain injections (from age 21–23) and the doctor failed to tell me it may cause you to lose hair. That’s exactly what happened to me, I started to lose my hair and its thickness. I tried everything from Biotin, B-12, repairing shampoo and conditioners, hair masks, medicated shampoos and nothing was filling in my scalp or giving my hair the thickness like it used to. I decided to try this and it works! My scalp is filling back in and my hair is getting thick! It’s a wonderful miracle! I started crying when I saw the results I was so happy! The oil is thick but it does not mean you cannot apply it you just need to really work it in. I usually leave it in overnight because it’s easier to get out that way. You can also use other oils if it is too thick for you. It does have a slight smell but I think because it’s all organic, but it is not overpowering or that noticeable. I am going to buy this product again and recommend it to other people!” —Angel of Light
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
22. A natural dry shampoo powder if you don’t have time for a full wash but would like to LOOK like you had time for a full wash. Think of it as a small bottle of innocent deception.
Promising review: “It makes my bangs and roots look fresh again. And I love that this is a powder and not a stinky aerosol spray. That also means that this lasts MUCH longer. I use it every other day when I don’t wash my hair since I have very oily roots. I’ve been using it for almost a month and barely any is missing out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.” —Rachel G.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes).
23. And a pack of highly rated facial cleaning wipes if you sometimes roll out of bed and hop on your first call without having time to actually wash your face (no judgment).
Promising review: “I purchased these wipes so I could quicken refresh my skin at work from wearing a face mask all day. My skin has been breaking out all along my cheeks and I know it’s due to having to wear the mask. These smell lovely, fresh and clean without being overpowering. The wipes are a good size and they don’t leave behind any sticky or oily residue like some makeup wipes. I bought these specifically because it said ‘cleansing cloth’ as opposed to ‘makeup remover’ and I enjoy them immensely. My husband even enjoys these!” —KTorrente
Get three packs of 30 from Amazon for $14.97.
24. A pack of oil absorbing sheets that’ll quickly de-shine your forehead and return your skin back to matte (without ruining your makeup) before your last meeting of the day.
Promising review: “I LOVE these oil-absorbing sheets! I tried them out a few years ago but haven’t gotten around to writing a review until now. I’ve tried other blotting sheets and they’ve either broken me out or just did not absorb all the oil. Every time I come back to these I realize they are truly the best. I have SUPER oily skin (and cystic acne which I have the scars to show for) and this makes me feel sooo fresh and even calms down active pimples/acne.” —Noopur D.
Get a pack of 100 from Amazon for $6.95 (available in two formulas and various pack sizes).
25. An eyeliner stamp that’ll help you create that matching wings look so many people struggle to capture. Your coworkers will demand you give an impromptu beauty tutorial during your next Zoom meeting.
One side is a winged stamp and the other side is a regular eyeliner pen.
Promising review: “This product is amazing. Seriously. Not only does it make PERFECT wings, but I have pretty small eyes that squinch up when I smile, laugh, etc., which is super annoying because my eyeliner is always smudged. These pens though — not a sign of smudging at all. Buy it.” —Tara Doyle Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $14.97.
26. A quick-drying top coat – it’s convinced some reviewers to never step foot in a nail shop again. It’ll have your polish fully set within minutes, and it’ll last a good while no matter how rough you are with your hands.
Promising review: “NEVER GETTING MY NAILS PROFESSIONALLY DONE AGAIN. I love having long nails. I do not like spending fifty bucks just to get them painted. I tried the gel polish, with gel top coat; I tried the gel system with the lamps; I tried every polish out there. My hands get washed hundreds of times daily. This stuff is unbelievable. It really works the way they say it does. I applied it about one to two minutes after finishing a second coat of color and within minutes it had bonded and set and my nails stay shiny and polished for over a week. That is not the full two weeks claimed, but I am unusually hard on my nails so over a week is AWESOME. I immediately ordered several more.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $6.24.
27. An apple cider vinegar shampoo and coconut + avocado oil conditioner set that does way more than you’d think — which includes reducing dandruff, treating itchy scalps, and removing build-up from other styling products. There’s a reason your mother always kept a jar of apple cider vinegar in the kitchen cabinet.
Promising review: “I really was hesitant to try this, but I decided I would take the plunge anyways. I have to say after using it for a few weeks now I’m pleasantly surprised! My hair is so soft, shiny and lightweight! I love how bouncy it is after using this, plus it smells amazing. Not vinegar-y at all. My daughter has been using this as well for her oily hair and dandruff (after trying tons of super expensive salon products), and so far this is the only thing that has been working for her! Her dandruff is gone and her hair is noticeable less oily by the end of the day. We will definitely be buying more.” —kindlemom1
Get the set from Amazon for $26.45.
28. A Crown Affair towel made with waffle microfiber material to reduce how long it takes for your hair to dry *and* an elastic strap that secures the towel around your head — so when you hit that celebratory backflip upon discovering how comfortable this thing feels, it’s sure to stay in place.
Crown Affair is a woman-owned small business specializing in beautiful handcrafted hair tools.
BuzzFeed Editor Melanie Aman has one and says, “When I bleached my hair, I switched from drying it with a bath towel to drying it with a T-shirt because I read that my rough bath towel was too harsh on my already stressed strands. The one downside to my new method is that I was stretching out the necklines of my shirts :'( Enter this talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular towel. It’s incredibly soft and dries my hair super quickly, which is great because I hate wet hair but would prefer to avoid drying it with heat.”
Get it from Crown Affair for $45.
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!