The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a Lead Tech Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome and expressive characters make for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Rigging, skinning, and engine setup for weapons and characters for a game developed with Unreal
- Creating tools and workflows for the creation of characters and weapons
- Working with internal and external character art teams to establish technical requirements and best practices for the development of rigged game assets.
- Working with engineering to establish technical specifications and performance standards for character and weapon creation.
- Character TD, Rigger, Tech Artist, or equivalent on at least one shipped AAA title
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing characters and tools
- Expert-level knowledge of Maya or 3ds Max
- Unreal experience on a commercial game
- High level of proficiency creating dynamic and flexible character rigs
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Strong demo reel of dynamic character rigs, hair/cloth simulation, performant runtime character solutions, and character pipeline tool scripting
- Gameplay/technical animation background
- AAA experience a plus
- Proficiency in ZBrush, Painter, and Designer
- Mocap setup experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.