How to watch UNLV vs. New Mexico basketball game
Jan 11, 2022
10:30 pm ET2 min read
New Mexico @ UNLV
Current Records: New Mexico 7-8; UNLV 8-6
What to Know
The New Mexico Lobos haven’t won a matchup against the UNLV Rebels since Feb. 25 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Tuesday. The Lobos and UNLV will face off in a Mountain West battle at 11 p.m. ET at Thomas & Mack Center. If the game is anything like their last meeting in last January, where UNLV won 53-46, we could be in for a big score.
New Mexico was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 90-87 to the Utah State Aggies. Despite the loss, New Mexico had strong showings from guard Jamal Mashburn Jr., who had 29 points and eight assists, and guard Javonte Johnson, who shot 7-for-9 from downtown and finished with 23 points and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, UNLV came up short against the San Diego State Aztecs two weeks ago, falling 62-55. Guard Bryce Hamilton had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 37 minutes with.
The Lobos are expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas & Mack Center — Las Vegas, Nevada
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $35.00
The Rebels are a solid 6-point favorite against the Lobos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
UNLV have won eight out of their last 12 games against New Mexico.
- Jan 18, 2021 – UNLV 53 vs. New Mexico 46
- Jan 16, 2021 – UNLV 77 vs. New Mexico 54
- Feb 15, 2020 – UNLV 78 vs. New Mexico 73
- Jan 18, 2020 – UNLV 99 vs. New Mexico 78
- Jan 22, 2019 – UNLV 74 vs. New Mexico 58
- Jan 08, 2019 – UNLV 80 vs. New Mexico 69
- Feb 25, 2018 – New Mexico 91 vs. UNLV 90
- Jan 17, 2018 – New Mexico 85 vs. UNLV 81
- Feb 01, 2017 – New Mexico 80 vs. UNLV 77
- Jan 10, 2017 – UNLV 71 vs. New Mexico 66
- Feb 02, 2016 – New Mexico 87 vs. UNLV 83
- Jan 12, 2016 – UNLV 86 vs. New Mexico 74
Injury Report for UNLV
- Marvin Coleman: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- James Hampshire: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
Injury Report for New Mexico
- Emmanuel Kuac: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)