Every month, Microsoft announces a new collection of Xbox games that it will give away to Xbox Live Gold members. These are frequently titles that are several years old, and there’s a decent chance you haven’t even heard of them all. But they are free if you subscribe to Xbox Live Gold. We will continue to update this post every month as Microsoft reveals all of the latest Xbox Games with Gold for active subscribers.
In February, Gold members get Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse and Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield, as well as Hydrophobia and Band of Bugs via backward compatibility.
Xbox Games with Gold | February 2022
- Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse ($24.99 ERP): Available February 1 to 28
- Playing as intrepid American George Stobbart and sassy French journalist Nico Collard, you find yourself on the trail of a stolen painting – and a murderous conspiracy. A conspiracy whose roots lie in mysteries older than the written word…
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield ($11.99 ERP): Available February 16 to March 15
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield is a 3D side-scroller that plays much like a classic endless runner. The game has an interesting story that keeps players always in motion. Run, Jump, Slide or “Dash” for acrobatic variants leading to dope combinations and avoid the challenges that await. Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield is being built for players who love to speedrun games while being an experience that casual players will enjoy as well.
- Hydrophobia ($8.99 ERP): Available February 1 to 15
- Hydrophobia is a third person survival adventure set in a floating city, where terrorists take control and heroine Kate has to overcome her haunting childhood memories and fight back using all her skills and expertise as a systems engineer. Hydrophobia offers fast-paced action and breathtaking visuals; engage in mind blowing “flow combat” where emergent gameplay results in a never-the-same-experience. Unleash floating oil fires, electricity and the power of the water itself to wipe out your enemy as you discover the terrifying truth of the Malthusian agenda; Save the World, Kill Yourself.
- Band of Bugs ($9.99 ERP): Available February 16 to 28
- Play as your Avatar and fight against bugs, spiders, even up to seven of your friends in Spider Hunter mode. Band of Bugs is a fast playing, accessible, tactics strategy game that puts YOU in the game! Gameplay is deep enough for established fans of the tactics genre, but friendly enough to appeal to casual gamers as well.
Xbox Games with Gold | January 2022
- NeuroVoider ($13.99 ERP): Available January 1 to 31
- NeuroVoider* is a twin-stick shooter RPG set in a cyber futuristic world about brains shooting around evil robots with nuclear rocket launchers. Battle through the horde of vigilant robots, boost your character with the smoking remains of your victims, and defeat the master NeuroVoider to end this eternal war. Play it coop with up to 4 friends, or go alone in an adventure of hack’n’slash rampage, with a pinch of rogue-lite, and some permadeath. * may contain explosions.
- Aground ($14.99 ERP): Available January 16 to February 15
- Aground is a Mining/Crafting RPG, where there is an overarching goal, story and reason to craft and build. As you progress, you will meet new NPCs, unlock new technology, and maybe magic too. Will you be able to raise dragons? Launch into space? The sky is literally not the limit. Beneath its simple exterior, Aground hides a lot of depth and surprises that will keep you wondering “what’s next?”
- Radiant Silvergun ($14.99 ERP): Available January 1 to 15
- Radiant Silvergun, restored by Treasure, is now available! The shoot ‘em up gameplay that made this a legend remains unchanged, but a hidden “Ikaruga-style” shooting mode gives everyone something new. Previously only available in Japan, Radiant Silvergun on Xbox LIVE Arcade also provides leaderboards, co-op play locally or over Xbox LIVE, downloadable replays, and improved visuals making it the version to own.
- Space Invaders Infinity Gene ($9.99 ERP): Available January 16 to 31
- Space Invaders, the game that defined video games for generations, is back with a new twist! The game starts off looking like the classic Space Invaders, but as you play through the game, it evolves. Unlock new stages, new power ups, and new features. The full game features a total of 143 stages from both Normal Mode and the breathtaking Challenge Mode where stages change with each playthrough. You can even blast your way through unique stages evolved from your very own music! Compete against other players from all around the world in real time with the appropriately named Real Time Rankings! Space Invaders Infinity Gene is the pinnacle of outer space shooting action! The more you play, the more the game evolves!
Jacob started covering video games and technology in college as a hobby, but it quickly became clear to him that this was what he wanted to do for a living. He currently resides in New York writing for BGR. His previously published work can be found on TechHive, VentureBeat and Game Rant.