Digital Trends may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site.
Are you shopping for the best cheap home security cameras deals available right now? We’ve done the work for you and searched the internet to find a wide range of wireless home security cameras for you to choose from. In addition to listing the best deals we also include buying tips and address a few common concerns when buying cheap home security cameras below. We also suggest you check out our Best Home Security Cameras for 2020 and The Best Wireless Security Cameras for 2020 articles, which are updated regularly.
Today’s Best Home Security Camera Deals
- Wansview Outdoor 1080P Pan-Tilt Surveillance Camera
— $50, was $61
- Aqara Camera Hub G2H
— $65, was $75
- Blink 1-cam Outdoor Wireless 1080p Camera Kit
— $70, was $100
- Blink 2-cam Outdoor Wireless 1080p Camera Kit
— $120, was $180
- Arlo – Pro 3 2-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wire-Free 2K HDR Security Camera System
— $339, was $500
- Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera Bundle with Nest Outdoor Security Camera
— $440, was $469
- Lorex Sale
— Up to 25% savings
Aqara G2H makes your home as smart as it is secure. Featuring HomeKit Security Video, two-way audio, and night vision. Also, a Zigbee control center linking all Aqara child devices.
This package includes four Arlo Pro 3 cameras with rechargeable batteries and built-in sirens. You also get the hub for the cameras!
This system includes a Sync Module and 2 wireless Blink Indoor Cameras. Protect indoor spaces with live video, motion detection, local clip storage, and up to two-year battery life for each camera.
Talk to visitors at your door through your phone, tablet, or PC with this Alexa-enabled motion sensing security camera. It’s bundled with the Echo Show 5 for Alexa functionality.
Free Echo Dot!
This battery-operated Full HD security camera is ideal for both indoor or outdoor use. It has motion detection, two-way talk, and works with Amazon Alexa (perfect to pair with the included Echo Dot).
This system includes a Sync Module and one wireless Blink Indoor Cameras. Protect indoor spaces with live video, motion detection, local clip storage, and up to two-year battery life.
Alexa-compatible wired outdoor home security camera rated weatherproof and vandal proof. Nightvision and motion detection. Sends real-time alerts to smartphone app. and stores video in the cloud.
Let this single security device protect your home with its combination camera, smart lights, motion-detection, two-way audio, and even a 100db siren.
Set up a 24-7 surveillance system with four cameras and an 8-channel wireless network video recorder (NVR). Motion-activated alerts, Does not include storage media and doesn’t record audio.
Discount with coupon on page
If connect this versatile camera to a USB port and your home Wi-Fi network for coverage. Motion and audio detection, 350-degree vertical panning, and no need to change or charge batteries.
Get the best of both cameras with this bundle. Best indoor and outdoor security cameras. Motion-activated black indoor camera and white outdoor camera.
This indoor cam comes with artificial intelligence to record eventful happenings in your home and can integrate with your smart home system for total convenience.
Discount with coupon on page
Hook up this Wi-Fi-connected, Alexa-compatible baby monitor with night vision and sound detection. Also useful as a Nanny Cam, elderly cam, or pet cam.
The cameras feature a human detection technology that can distinguish a person from an animal and record and display live footage clearly, thanks to the 1080p resolution and night vision.
Equipped with a strobe light and siren, the waterproof EZVIZ 1080p Security and Surveillance Camera has 100-foot night vision, 2-way audio, and both cloud and local storage options.
This system includes a Sync Module and one Blink Wireless Outdoor Camera. Protect indoor or outdoor space with live video, 2-way talk, motion detection, local storage, and up to two-year battery life.
Two Blink Mini corded Indoor Wi-Fi cameras include two-way talk and infrared night vision. View live video or recorded clips via subscription or local storage on a Blink Sync Module (not included).
Plug-and-go security with the Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera. Supports 24/7 live video, smartphone alerts, and clear night vision.
Make controlling your smart home more convenient and efficient with the Echo Show 5. It even comes bundled with a Blink camera system for additional security.
EZVIX ez360 1080p HD Wi-Fi home security camera pans, tilts, and zooms. Automatic motion tracking, two-way audio, and has a 16GB microSD card preinstalled for local storage.
Two YI AI-powered Smart Security Camera 3 models include human detection, sound analytics, crying baby alerts, smart cloud search, and both cloud and local storage.
Blink Mini corded Indoor Wi-Fi cameras include two-way talk and infrared night vision. View live video or recorded clips via subscription or local storage on a Blink Sync Module (not included).
With the Swann Security System, you can have peace of mind knowing that every angle of your house is monitored 24/7 with rich video quality and full color even at night.
Purchase this Blink Add-On Indoor Camera to expand an existing system. A Blink Sync Module is required to use this Blink Indoor Camera.
Discount with coupon on page
Save money and stay secure with this multifunction indoor camera with blockchain identify protection for private encrypted cloud storage.
This system includes a Sync Module and 5 wireless Blink Outdoor Cameras. Protect indoor or outdoor spaces with live video, 2-way talk, motion detection, local storage, and up to two-year battery life.
This system includes a Sync Module and 3 Blink Wireless Outdoor Cameras. Protect indoor or outdoor spaces with live video, 2-way talk, motion detection, local storage, and up to two-year battery life.
Get the new Echo Show 8 together with a Ring indoor camera if you are looking for gift ideas for the family. Save $50 off the combined prices of these devices on Amazon.
This system includes a Sync Module and 3 wireless Blink Indoor Cameras. Protect indoor spaces with live video, motion detection, local clip storage, and up to two-year battery life for each camera.
The best security camera on the market, the Arlo Pro 3 offers a complete package of security and monitoring solutions. Some of its features include an built-in spotlight and a colored night vision.
This system includes a Sync Module and 2 Blink Wireless Outdoor Cameras. Protect indoor or outdoor spaces with live video, 2-way talk, motion detection, local storage, and up to two-year battery life.
This is perfect for people who don’t want to get out of bed every time something goes bump in the night. Put the Blink mini downstairs and check it from your nightstand’s Echo Show.
This system includes a Sync Module and 5 wireless Blink Indoor Cameras. Protect indoor spaces with live video, motion detection, local clip storage, and up to two-year battery life for each camera.
4-pack of Alexa-compatible indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi security cameras, each with two-way talk, night vision. Requires a wired power connection and supports 2.4Hz Wi-Fi, not 5GHz. SD card and cloud storage.
How To Choose A Cheap Home Security Camera
- Indoor, outdoor, or both: If you want cameras both inside and outside your home, you’ll find that most companies make both indoor and outdoor cameras. The outdoor cameras are usually waterproof and dustproof and generally have more robust mounting devices than indoor cameras. You can always use an outdoor camera inside, but the opposite is not the case.
- Wired power connection or battery-powered: Battery-powered cameras are easier to mount, especially outdoors, than cameras that require AC power via a wire. The advantage of wired power connections is you don’t need to monitor battery life and recharge batteries when depleted. Some home security cameras made by Ring run on rechargeable batteries even when they are plugged into AC power because the house power continuously charges the batteries.
- Video resolution and depth of field: Resolution refers to the number of pixels or dots that make up images. For most home systems, 1080p resolution, also called Full HD or FHD, is sufficient, but you can also pay more for 2K or 4K cameras, which have, respectively, two or four times as much resolution. The depth of field generally refers to the width or height of the image the camera captures. A maximum is 360-degrees or a complete circle. With a stationary camera, that is, one that does not rotate to follow a moving object, anything over 100-degrees depth of field is pretty good. More is better.
- Detection sensors, motion, sound, or both: Most home security cameras have motion detection. Some also activate when they detect sound. To avoid too many false alerts from blowing leaves, passing cars, and nosy squirrels, it helps to have adjustable detection areas for motion detection and sound volume or audio analytics for sound detection.
- Two-way audio: Two-way talk is common with home security cameras. Single duplex audio allows one person to speak at a time while the other listens. Full duplex, which is more like natural human speech, lets both parties talk and listen at the same time.
- Storage capability: Many home security cameras automatically store images and audio/video clips in the cloud. Other cameras use local storage on removable solid-state memory cards. The best choice is a camera that supports both cloud storage for remote access from any location and local storage backup.
- Stored video access charges: Cloud storage for video clips is sometimes free, at least on a limited basis. There are often subscription plans based on the amount of storage, the number of stored clips, and how long you can access stored clips. If you want significant storage, be sure to check cloud storage features and prices before buying and mounting the hardware.
- Mobile app or Wi-Fi monitoring: Most home security cameras send alerts to a mobile app and allow remote live streaming and sometimes enable remote access to stored clips in the cloud. Security cameras with Wi-Fi can often be accessed by any computer or device that can access the internet, usually by entering a user name and password.
- Smart home platform compatibility: The gold standard for smart home platform support for voice commands and voice management is both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility. Fewer cameras support Apple HomeKit, Siri, IFTTT, or other platforms.
- Integration with other same-brand devices: If you plan to install additional smart security devices such as video doorbells, smart lights, and DIY smart security systems, be sure to choose smart security cameras that work with other devices. At a minimum, you should be able to check all devices with the same app or smart home platform.
Do Home Security Cameras Reduce Crime?
Visible security cameras can have a preventative effect even when not hooked up, in a fashion similar to sign on your lawn with a security company name. When cameras are mounted outside the home in visible but hard to reach locations, that too can deter a thief or vandal. Better still is when a security camera is one component of several, including neat, trimmed yards with ample lighting and no hiding places.
Do Home Security Cameras Have Audio?
Most home security cameras have two-way audio, some with a push-to-talk button within reach of visitors but more often not. Better quality cameras have sufficient audio quality and volume to be heard clearly. While less expensive security cameras have single duplex audio — meaning you can talk and listen, but only one at a time — full-duplex audio — both sides can talk and listen simultaneously is even better.
Do Home Security Cameras Need Wi-Fi?
No. There are home security cameras that connect to a central device via long cables. Others connect by wire or via Bluetooth or another wireless signal to a secondary device that serves as an intermediary hub that connects to the home network. Most home security cameras today, regardless of the price range, can connect to the network or a hub via Wi-Fi.
Can Home Security Cameras Be Hacked?
Like any computer system, home security cameras can be hacked. There are, however, several steps you can take to make your cameras more secure. These same steps mainly apply to any smart system.
- Secure your home network
- Change default user names and passwords
- Use unique, difficult to guess passwords
- Don’t reuse passwords
- If any component of your smart home system allows guest access, be sure to assign guests exclusive codes or passwords.
- Use a robust password management program
- Use two-step authentication when available
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and we choose what we cover carefully and independently. The prices, details, and availability of the products and deals in this post may be subject to change at anytime. Be sure to check that they are still in effect before making a purchase.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
Best cheap iMac deals for September 2021
Best cheap HP Envy deals for September 2021
Best cheap Microsoft Office deals for September 2021
Best Buy flash sale: Save on gaming laptops, TVs, & more Today!
Best cheap Chromebook deals for September 2021